How Can WE Help
The Care Workers Charity is the trade charity for the Care Profession. We will consider applications from individuals and their widows, widowers, partners, orphans or any other dependant of someone who has worked/is working within the UK Care Profession in a REGISTERED DOMICILIARY or RESIDENTIAL CARE or SUPPORTED LIVING service (as defined by CQC, CSSIW or SCRC) subject to the following employment criteria:-
1 continuous year if currently working in the care industry
OR 2 years total in the last 5 years
OR 5 years total in your working lifetime
Have LIMITED SAVINGS and RESOURCE
Assistance will take the form of:
- You have been affected by a recent unforeseen loss of income and cannot afford to pay for items considered essential for daily living. Please note these do not include items ordinarily considered a luxury e.g. television, computer equipment.
You are living with a long term illness or have reduced mobility and require assistance towards the cost of an item considered essential for your wellbeing e.g. mobility scooter, daily living aids.
- You are of working age and have been affected by an unforeseen life changing circumstance such as bereavement, illness, injury or emergency rehousing and have little or no money to pay for associated costs e.g. funeral payments, essential household items, health and safety property repairs.
- Debts/Arrears *
- Bankruptcy fees/Debt Relief Order*
- Statutory Sick Pay Shortfall
- Future payments/bills
- Reimbursement for item(s) already purchased
- Education related costs, such as private school fees, fees for educational courses, student maintenance and student loan repayment.
- Most private medical treatments
- Care fees shortfalls
* In exceptional circumstances we may accept an application on your behalf from the Citizens Advice Bureau, an independent Debt Advice Service or a Welfare Support Worker who can confirm that the situation has arisen from a recent life changing circumstance or unforeseen loss of income and all other sources of support have been exhausted.
At present applications are taking approximately 6-8 weeks to be assessed. If your application is of an extremely urgent nature then please contact the office in the first instance before applying.
How to apply
Applicants must demonstrate that they have considered all possible methods of financial assistance. To do this please click on the logo below, complete and then print off the Turn2Us calculator form.
In addition, please provide the following as ESSENTIAL evidence to support your application. (We may also require further information as we proceed with your application)
- A letter from your (ex) employer confirming length of service
- 3 months bank statements
- Evidence to support the reason for your application.
YOUR COMPLETED TURN2US REPORT SHOULD THEN BE SENT WITH YOUR APPLICATION FORM AND SUPPORTING EVIDENCE to
The Care Workers Charity, .
PLEASE DO NOT USE A SIGNED FOR DELIVERY SERVICE AS THE OFFICE IS MANNED PART TIME.
The Care Workers Charity can also advise on a wide range of organisations that offer financial help and other relevant assistance. We are not, however, licensed to undertake debt counseling services ourselves.
- Citizens Advice Bureau www.citizensadvice.org.uk
- Money Advice Service https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk
- Pay Plan www.payplan.com
- National Debtline www.nationaldebtline.co.uk
- Turn2Us www.turn2us.entitledto.co.uk/entitlementcalculator.aspx
Roll of Honour
Latest News & Events
This Friday, June 20th, thousands of UK care homes will be opening their doors to welcome the public, connect residents with [...]
Founder and chairman of a leading specialist healthcare provider PJ Care has been recognised in the Queen’s Birthday Honours [...]
We are delighted that Julien Payne, Owner and Managing Director of Titleworth Healthcare, and his wife Sophie, have [...]